As an update to the Dunn County Sheriff’s Office’s homicide investigation, Sheriff Kevin Bygd has released the names of the four victims found in an SUV abandoned in a cornfield in Sheridan Township.
The victims are as follows.
• Nitosha Lee Flug-Presley, female, 30 years old of Stillwater, Minnesota.
• Matthew Isiah Pettus, male, 26 years old of Saint Paul, Minnesota.
• Loyace Foreman III, male, 35 years old of Saint Paul, Minnesota.
• Jasmine Christine Sturm, female, 30 years old of Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Autopsies were performed on all four victims on Monday by Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s Office and the preliminary examination shows that all four victims died from gunshot wounds.
"The Dunn County Sheriff’s Office is working hard on a thorough investigation with many other agencies to bring a swift end to this investigation to insure justice is served for these four victims as soon as possible, said Bygd.
He continued, “Our hearts go out to the family and friends of these victims. I wish we could release more details of our investigation but we have to balance the public’s desire to know the details with running the risk of harming our investigation and losing evidence for building a good homicide case."
Police were notified the deceased persons on Sunday afternoon, Sept.12
At about 2:18PM the Dunn County Emergency Communications Center received a 911 call reporting a death in Town of Sheridan in northern Dunn County. The victims were found in an abandoned black SUV that was driven into a standing corn field off a rural road in Sheridan township.
The public is asked to contact the Dunn County Sheriff’s Office at 715-232-1348 with any information that might be related to this incident or may have seen a black SUV with Minnesota plates in that area.
There may have been a second dark colored SUV traveling with the black SUV that may be related, according to the department.
"As we have learned more throughout our investigation, we do not believe there to be present danger to the public in the area," the department stated.
The Dunn County Sheriff’s Office is being assisted by the Dunn County Medical Examiner’s Office, the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation, the Wisconsin State Patrol and the Wisconsin DOJ crime lab.
Local Legal Notices
- ‘Ordinary Joe’: James Wolk Breaks Down the Show’s Latest Twists & Turns
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’: A Terrifying Horror Night Narrows Down the Competition (RECAP)
- ‘The Voice’ Knockouts Premiere: 12 Must-See Moments (VIDEO)
- ‘4400’: Joseph David-Jones on Jharrel Breaking the Rules, His Brother & More
- ‘The Big Leap’: Scott Foley on Nick’s ‘Eye-Opening Moment,’ Relationship With Monica & More
- Regular season's final week beckons as teams prepare for Orange Beach
- Tigers in the pros: Bolton sets new personal high in tackles
- Case update: Father Andrew Kawecki pleads to assault of eleven-year-old altar boy
- Plans progress on 17-mile Ice Age Trail reroute project
- General Store to close
- Crimes accelerate to attempted homicide for Barron man
- Woman charged after crash injures two passengers
- Officers lured away from crime scene by fake call
- Pair charged after kitten allegedly starved to death
- Musical legend to join Golden Bears Wall of Honor; Lenore Berg: ‘I think I was born with a musical heart’
- ‘What We Do in the Shadows’: Did [Spoiler] Really Leave the Show?
- Facing multiple charges, man asks for plea deal
- Elmer K. Kreier