This week’s stories ...
Barron County is looking for ways to spend 8 million dollars in federal pandemic relief funds;
Barron’s school referendum passes narrowly in the Spring Election;
and a Barron County Sheriff’s Department detective receives a Remarkable honor.
The News Bell is a production of Bell Press, Inc. Hosted by Carl Cooley and Ryan Urban.
- Wootton officially named head tennis coach
- Dua Lipa wins big at 2021 BRIT Awards
- Headie One breaks down stereotypes around drill music with powerful BRIT Award performance
- Sir Elton John and Olly Alexander raise awareness for HIV with moving BRIT Awards performance
- Beef and pork exports experience ‘breakout month’
- Republican lawmakers want Gov. Evers to send help to southern border states
- Republican governors urge Biden administration to take action at border
- China's imports hit world trade
- Emergency Response Team intervenes in domestic incident in Rice Lake
- Rural Almena man charged with drunk operation of UTV
- Two border state governors say Biden, Harris haven't reached out
- Man who fled vehicle caught near Cameron Elementary
- Man convicted of battery can conditionally date females
- Almena Meats addition to include Blast Freezer
- Slow-motion driver picks up 5th drunk driving charge
- County big dig underway
- Some mining tax monies must be returned; Total comes to hundreds of thousands of dollars; school districts could also be affected
- Fake bomb, tense standoff at Chetek; Home surrounded; perpetrator arrested after falling through ceiling